Power, Innovation, and Leadership
Power, Innovation, and Leadership (PIL) is an Executive Education course developed by faculty from the Social Innovation + Change Initiative (SICI) within the Harvard Kennedy School. This program has been customized to meet the unique needs of the TruthSpeaks Innovation Foundation community, a network of individuals and organizations dedicated to supporting and investing in Black women and girls. As part of its social impact strategy, the TruthSpeaks Innovation Foundation aims to accelerate its impact by providing emerging leaders in its network – from across business, government, and civil society – with transformative professional development experiences.
The Learning Experience
Through faculty presentations, case studies, self-assessment exercises, simulations, videos, and small-group discussions, participants explore key leadership imperatives and the challenges leaders face in addressing them. Key topics include:
- Developing oneself
- Leading others
- Innovating across organizations and systems
- Implementing transformational change
- Julie Battilana, Founder and Faculty Chair, Social Innovation + Change Initiative (SICI); Joseph C. Wilson Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School; Alan L. Gleitsman Professor of Social Innovation, Harvard Kennedy School
- Irvin Scott, Senior Lecturer on Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Lakshmi Ramarajan, Anna Spangler Nelson and Thomas C. Nelson Associate Professor of Business Administration in the Organizational Behavior Unit, Harvard Business School
- Farayi Chipungu, Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- Brittany Butler, Executive Director, Social Innovation + Change Initiative (SICI), Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
Special thanks to LaTosha Brown, Principal of TruthSpeaks Innovation Foundation and Co-Founder of Black Voters Matter Fund, and Chanceé Lundy Russell, Founder of Destination Liberation, Inc., for their leadership in building this community of leaders and making this program possible.
- Ms. April England-Albright, Legal Director and Chief of Staff, Black Voters Matter Fund
- Ms. Malikah Berry Rogers, Executive Director, Southern Black Girls and Women’s Consortium (Southern Black Girls)
- Mrs. Teresa Bettis, Executive Director, Center for Fair Housing, Inc.
- Mrs. Jillian Blackwell, Global Marketing, Communications and Change Management, Amazon
- Ms. Abeni Bloodworth, CEO, CHROMATIC BLACK
- Dr. Kelly Burton, CEO, Black Innovation Alliance
- Ms. Ciara Coleman, Founder, Geaux Girl Giving; Manager and EEO, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Honorable Tameika Devine, Attorney, Jabber & Isaac, PA; Former City Councilwoman, City of Columbia, SC
- Ms. Jotaka Eaddy, Founder and CEO, Full Circle Strategies
- Ms. Monica Green, Founder and CEO, The Monica-Lynn Agency
- Ms. Angela Harmon, President, CHROMATIC BLACK
- Ms. Alice Jenkins, Executive Director, Fund for Southern Communities
- Dr. Sandra Johnson, Founder and CEO, Global Mobile Finance, Inc.
- Ms. Felecia Lucky, President, Black Belt Community Foundation
- Ms. Fenika Miller, Founding Director, New Vision MSK
- Ms. Margaret (Margo) Miller, Executive Director, Appalachian Community Fund
- Ms. Jessica Norwood, Founder and CEO, RUNWAY
- Mrs. Barbara Perkins, President and CEO, International Black Women’s Public Policy Institute
- Mrs. Deborah Scott, CEO, Georgia Stand-Up
- Ms. Monica Simpson, Executive Director, SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
- Ms. Nkechi Taifa, Founder, The Taifa Group LLC; President, Reparation Education Project, Inc.
- Ms. Tufara Waller Muhammad, Project Manager and Artist Worker Owner, Highlander Research and Education Center; Cultural Organizer, Datule’ Artist Collective/SBGWC/HREC
- Dr. Janelle Williams, Co-Founder and Incoming CEO, Atlanta Wealth Building Initiative
- Ms. Pamela Winn, President, RestoreHER
- Ms. Chanceé Lundy Russell, Founder, Destination Liberation, Inc.
- Ms. LaTosha Brown, Principal, TruthSpeaks Innovation Foundation; Co-Founder, Black Voters Matter Fund
Please note that this is not an open enrollment program. The program was designed for members of the TruthSpeaks Innovation Foundation network.